Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A New Name And Other Things

If you go back a few posts on this blog, you'll notice I talked about some changes that were going to happen here.  I wanted a new title that made a little more sense to me and possibly a new layout.

As you can see, I have a new title.  I am no longer "Herding Cats."  Instead, I am "Burning Around the Edges."

And yes, there's a good reason why I decided on that name.  Although I'll continue to blog about whatever the hell I want because this is my blog, I want to have a general theme of social commentary.  Things in this country are seriously messed up right now.  Technically, this isn't new; life in America has never been perfect for everyone, but to me it feels like it's gotten worse.  Society is burning, but it's not beyond saving yet.  It's burning around the edges, and we have to get through the burnt parts to get to the stuff worth saving.  I'd like to think that I'm shining a light on things that we need to change or get rid of to make things better, even though I'm just one of millions of bloggers in this country recognizing how bad things have gotten and how much worse they can get.

Also, my genius wife suggested the name while I was brainstorming what to call this thing.  I think she was thinking of pizza, and I was hungry.  Hence, we have a blog that suggests an unfortunate yet salvageable adventure in baking.

As for the layout and background, that's going to stay as is for now.  It's simple with no frills, but that's why I like it.  There are few things worse than a website where the content takes a back seat to a busy, complicated and garish design.  What I have here is nothing fancy, but it isn't supposed to be.  Those that come here will hopefully be drawn to what I write, not what happens to be framing it.

One thing that I did add was some gadgets that link my blog to a few other blogs worth checking out and to my Twitter feed.  In other words, I've added things that will hopefully make me a little more visible as opposed to the online version of the guy hiding in the corner at parties.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post a quick update.  I'll try to post more often here, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment