Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Allow me to introduce myself

I've been meaning to start my own blog, and now I've finally gotten around to it.

Anyway, my name is Thomas Plante, and I'm currently trying to make ends meet as a freelance writer and musician. I may add "viola teacher" to that as well. I have lived in the Twin Cities metro area of Minnesota for my entire life, and despite the bitterly cold winters that tend to scare a lot of people away I actually do like living here. I love the changing of the seasons, and it's nice to live in a place where the arts are appreciated.

I can't say that I have a definite focus for this blog yet, but those of you who take the time to come back and read this regularly can expect posts about writing, literature, music, film, society, and whatever else happens to catch my attention that I think warrants a blog entry. This is intended to be a semi-professional/personal blog, and while I'd like to use it as a place to post some of my more professional writing, I may include more personal posts about myself and what I'm doing, but I promise not to indulge myself with rambling posts about how much my life may or may not suck. I have a Livejournal account if I really need to vent.

Thanks for stopping by my new corner of the blogosphere. Things may be pretty sparse at the moment, but I plan to keep this thing regularly updated. I hope to see you again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment